Horizon Chiropractic is a leading Shockwave Therapy provider for Brighton and Hove. This can be a stand-alone treatment or incorporated into a chiropractic appointment involving other modalities – depending on the injury. Shockwave Therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses high-energy sound waves to stimulate healing. The sound waves are applied directly to the affected area where they help to reduce pain, break up scar tissue, reduce inflammation, and promote the growth of new blood vessels.
What conditions can be treated with Shockwave Therapy?
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Shoulder pain (rotator cuff tendonitis, calcific tendonitis)
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
During treatment a gel is first applied to the affected area to help conduct the sound waves. Then, a the shockwave probe is positioned over the gel with the sound waves emitted in short bursts. The treatment can be slightly uncomfortable, but most patients tolerate it well. For most conditions, severity depending, patients will typically need somewhere between 3 and 5 treatments spaced about a week apart.
Shockwave Therapy offers a number of benefits, including:
- Non-invasive: There are no incisions, needles, or anaesthesia required.
- Quick: Each session takes just 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Effective: It is highly effective at treating a range of musculoskeletal conditions, with most patients experiencing significant pain reduction after just a few sessions.
- No downtime: Unlike surgical treatments, there is no downtime associated with shockwave therapy. Most patients can return to their normal activities immediately following a session.
If you’re interested in finding out a bit more about Shockwave Therapy, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Horizon Chiropractic to schedule a consultation. We will work with you to determine if shockwave therapy is right for your unique needs and develop a treatment plan that will help you feel better and get back to your activities.